Does freebsd support virtual interfaces? (i.e. a network interface not
associated with a hardware interface).

My system is running 4.7 release with only a dialup ppp POTS connection,
which is a bit limiting if you want to learn about networking.  Ideally
I would like to set up a private network address on a virtual interface.

The html documentation supplied with apache2 appears to require the
server to be running for browsing (many of the links appear broken).

If this support is provided by netgraph I would appreciate some pointers
on setting this up.

thanks
Jeff