On  03 May 2006, at 11:38 PM, FreeBSD mailing list wrote:

On 29 apr 2006, at 15:28, Yousef Raffah wrote:

On Sat, 2006-04-29 at 09:11 -0400, John Cruz wrote:
I don't know about HFS, but you can format your mac drives with UFS when you do a clean install of MacOS, at least then FreeBSD would be able to
read them.

You are right but this isn't my case here :(, I have an external HD
which has HFS(+) file system on it and I want to use it with my FreeBSD
6.1-RC1

Any chances?

Mac OSX can't be installed onto a UFS formatted drive as far as I know
Yeah, it can.

Most OSX programs won't run on it either
you can format partitions or drives other than the system drive with UFS not only at the installtion

Yousef Raffah wrote:
What is the status of reading/writing to Mac's file system (HFS) or is
it HFS+?

it is HFS+ for Mac OS 8.1 and later

Are they supported in FreeBSD 6.0? How about 6.1-RC? Can we
write to that file system or only read at moment? Is it safe? I'm trying to find something in the /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/NOTES file but nothing
is promising so far

http://people.freebsd.org/~yar/hfs/

add this to your kernelconfig file:
option          GEOM_APPLE      # Apple HFS+ support

I was able to compile it on FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE-p6 but haven't had the time to check if it actually works.

google for iPod and FreeBSD for more info :)

Arno