On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 12:16:53PM +0200, Kyrre Nygard wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm searching a good source for various scripts like shell, Ruby, Python
> etc.
>
> A lot of these script sites are more focused on making an income with
> eyestabbing
> advertising rather than collecting and redistributing fine scripts.
>
> Anyone know of any?

Perl  : http://www.cpan.org/
Python: http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Python/Cookbook/
        http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi
        http://py.vaults.ca/apyllo.py

As far as FreeBSD is concerned: the most interesting scripts (or, more
precisely, modules) are in the ports; usually with a p5- (perl) or
py- (python) prefix.

Most of the above are modules; but the last one (Python Cookbook)
also contains a lot of Python *scripts* (in the traditional sense).
You may also want to look at the Perl Coobook (O'Reilly) for more ideas.

> Thanks,
> Kyrre

Enjoy,
-cpghost.