On 5/9/06, Ben Hacker Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is there a way to clean out my /usr/src directory and start from scratch
in case it is corrupted some how??

rm -rf /usr/src/*

<snip>

    $ su root -c "make kernel KERNCONF=HACK06"

The correct command is make buildkernel KERNCONF=HACK06
and not
make kernel

You need to read the handbook :-)

<snip>

Manually attempting to build my kernel will yield the following:

    hackserver$ su root
    Password:
    hackserver# pwd
    /usr/src/sys/i386/conf

    hackserver# config HACK06
    ERROR: version of config(8) does not match kernel!
    config version = 500013, version required = 600003

This is a deprecated method. Not a good idea to try out. :-)

Thanks and Best Regards
Subhro

--
Subhro Kar