John,
Sorry I think I sent this direct only.... this is being sent to list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bryan Curl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: May 9, 2006 11:20 AM
Subject: Re: Upgrading to 6.1 (cvsup)
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I found this tutorial very helpfull on my first upgrade.

http://www.taosecurity.com/keeping_freebsd_applications_up-to-date.html

But I must warn you that this process can take hours-days to complete after
compiling the entire system from source code and installing, depending of
course on how big your setup is and how fast your box is.

On the other hand, a two hour download and a week of configuring can be just
as grueling.

Your choice.