>-----Original Message-----
>From: Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:31 AM
>To: Ted Mittelstaedt
>Subject: Re: New FreeBSD Logo
>

>Wow, Ted a top-poster!

Why not, no point making everyone reread the entire argument
all over again, I'm sure most people on the list have seen
it an enormous number of times already.

>A professional evaluation of "beastie" showed he was not a logo and
>had served as a poor-one at that in his ersatz role as a wanna-be
>logo.   (Note that I did not say that Beastie was poor but that he
>had served as a poor logo based on professional criteria of what
>makes a good logo).

So, we traded in Beastie, a difficult and expensive to print logo
that lost most resolution when shrunk down, for a difficult and
expensive to print logo that loses most resolution when shrunk
down.  Ah, this is progress.

Kind of like the automobile companies do, when they replace last
years difficult and expensive to service model because everything
is jammed into a too small engine bay, with this years difficult
and expensive to service model because everything is jammed into
a too small engine bay.  I got it now!

Ted