At 18:06 10.05.2006, Freminlins wrote:
Kyrre,

On 5/10/06, Kyrre Nygard <<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello!

Does anybody know where pam_userdb.so has gone?

FreeBSD doesn't appear to have ever had it, so it hasn't "gone" anywhere. The thread you linked to below suggests exactly that.

Linux has it, but apparently FreeBSD does not.
I need it to set up virtual users with vsftpd.

I've been in contact with others with the same problem:

<http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2005-November/104571.html>http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2005-November/104571.html

As well as Freenode #vsftpd.

But nobody seems to know what the PAM module for Berkeley DB files is at.

Or perhaps somebody can suggest alternate methods?

You could download the source ( <http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pam/Linux-PAM/modules/pam_userdb/>http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pam/Linux-PAM/modules/pam_userdb/) and try and build it.

Thanks,
Kyrre

Frem.

Thanks a lot man!

That's a real good advice. I'll see what I can do with it ...

All the best,
Kyrre