I much prefer the pure-ftpd implementation of virtual users. However,
both will get the job done effectively. The only reason I really
prefer pure over pro is that pure has never had one root exploit found
since release number 1. That's reason enough for me :)

On 5/10/06, Beech Rintoul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wednesday 10 May 2006 16:20, Sean Murphy wrote:
> I tried the default ftp server with FreeBSD 5.4 and users with no shell
> accounts but it does not work.
>
> Does anyone know of a ftp server that users would still have home
> directories but no shell access /sbin/nologin and that could still
> upload files to there home directories.

Try proftpd in the ports.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com