On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 06:22:11PM -0700, Mark Jayson Alvarez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've seen most people allow all outgoing traffic
> originating from the firewall itself... Is this really
> recommended?? What if the machine have been
> compromised and the intruder have installed a program
> that let's him access the machine remotely by having
> the program itself to initiate the outgoing connection
> to him thus defying the incoming connection firewall
> ruleset...

If that's of concern to you (and it is, I reckon, a valid concern), then
you should certainly look into blocking outgoing connections from your
firewall.  It depends on what you consider to be acceptable risk.

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key: http://www.slightlystrange.org/pgpkey-dan.asc
PGP Key fingerprint: D349 B109 0EB8 2554 4D75  B79A 8B17 F97C 1622 166A
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \