Quoting "Zimmerman, Eric" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Freebsd-update works on my box (but theres been no updates as of yet).

As long as you track RELEASE it should work fine

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 2:10 PM
To: Zimmerman, Eric
Subject: RE: Upgrading from 6.0 to 6.1

Quoting "Zimmerman, Eric" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Try this
>
> https://mikestammer.com/doku.php?id=updateos
>
> its what I wrote up for myself when I update
>
> worked for me from 6 to 6.1 and should meet your needs just fine

/etc/upgrade?
>> Do I copy new pieces back to /etc for the production system?  I
read
>> about merging but does it merge from /etc to /etc/upgrade?
>>
>> Is another scenario to do the cvsup method and go that route?  If I
>> did, would I be able to use freebsd-update from that point forward
or
>> would I be limited to only using the cvsup method?
>>
>> I know both require merging config files and what not, which makes
me
>> a little nervous, but I would like the easiest method available.  I
>> love using FreeBSD and use it primarily on my laptop so compiling
the
>> entire OS on there may take a while so obviously the binary upgrade
>> looks good.  I am just unsure about the /etc/upgrade folder and how
>> get all of that back to /etc.
>>
>> I am somewhat a "noobert" in FreeBSD... I have been using it for
less
>> than a year and really enjoy it over my past Linux experiences.
>> However, things like this make me nervous.  This is my first
upgrade
>> of a machine I use *all* the time.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Jeff Cross
>> http://www.averageadmins.com/
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Thanks!  I will give this a try. But, before I do, can I still use
freebsd-update to maintain my system from that point forward or will I
have to use the cvsup method of updating?

Jeff Cross
http://www.averageadmins.com/

Thanks for the input, Eric and Kevin! I guess I'll start the process this evening and
maybe everything will be through compiling by Monday in time for work! :)

Thanks again!

Jeff Cross
http://www.averageadmins.com/