Simply reinstall what ever ported apps you are using and look for a sample startup script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d, or look in /etc/defaults/rc.conf for the settings to override in /etc/rc.conf to run any standard system services at boot.

You can search the old security lists or look in SANS archives on the actual exploits about inetd.

        -Derek