You might want to look at vsftpd in the ports. You can use this for secure and encrypted connections, as well as varying permissions.

        -Derek

At 09:57 PM 5/12/2006, Leo Lapousterle wrote:
Hello :)

I'm fed up with FTP servers : FTP is great, but I need some admin stuff
like privileges (one user can upload but not download, for example)
unavailable for FTP... at least for those I've tested.

Is there an alternative way for FTP, allowing individual privileges?
I found hxd (hotline protocol, I used it 7 years ago!), it's very powerful
but quite discontinued...

Anybody has another idea? :)
Thanks!

--