You can create that file, or set your account to get the root mail in /etc/mail/aliases. Be sure to run newaliases if you do that.

        -Derek

At 12:47 PM 5/13/2006, Gerard Seibert wrote:
I just installed the new FBSD 6.1 on a new HD. The installation went
well. Shortly after installation, Sendmail started complaining. I
discovered that there is no entry for 'root' in the /var/mail directory.
I can 'su' into root, so I know it exists. It was always there on
previous versions of FSBD.

Should I try to create the user 'root', or just ignore it? I do not want
to mess up the system.

--
Gerard Seibert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]