Dear/Beste Eduardo,

Saturday, December 7, 2002, 3:29:10 AM, you wrote:

> Hi,

> I'm trying to install the FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE on my HP Pavilion ZT1130
> notebook, but there is some problems.

> Note: my notebook doesn't have floppy drive.

> When a try to boot from my CD drive (actually a Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R2102
> drive), I got the following message:

> BTX loader 1.00 BTX version is 1.01
> Console: internal video/keyboard
> BIOS drive C: is disk0
> BIOS 639kB/244672kB available memory

> FreeBSD/i386 bootstrap loader, Version 0.8
> Can't work out which disk we are booting from.
> Guessed BIOS device 0x0 not found by probes, defaulting to disk0:
> Can't load 'kernel'
> Can't load 'kernel.old'

> I search for any information through search engines on the Internet,
> but I can't find anything.

> Below, there is some information about my machine.

> Thanks in advance and sorry about the long message.

Sorry that i replied this late. I intended to wait a couple of days
and forget about it. I got some general idea's but no solution.

The first thing you could try is installing 4.5. If this does work,
then the new ata driver could be a problem. The second thing to try is
to install the boot image on to a small partition and boot from that.
A swap partition can used (and reused) for this. The thirty thing is
to resend the mail to this list. Somebody could have missed your mail.
If that doesn't work you could try one of the other list. (like
hackers or hardware)

I hope you find anything of my writing useful.

--
Best regards/Met vriendelijke groet,
Alex