Hi,

I have installed GEOM RAID-1 on three production
servers based on Dru's article - with separate / /usr
/var /tmp /swap slices. No drama on installation.

You also have to figure out what to do when primary or
secondary hard disk fails.

According to the examples in the gmirror man pages, it
is a case of shutting down-replacing hdd-booting
up-and recreate the mirror.

Only the procedure is a bit confusing.

Any problem with GEOM, send an email to the gmirror
mailing list. They (Pawel) is very helpful.

Kind regards,

Yance Kowara

http://dannyman.toldme.com/2005/01/24/freebsd-howto-gmirror-system/

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2005/11/10/FreeBSD_Basics.html