I have made symlinks from /usr/local/www/data/<stuff> to within
www in my home directory.

Some of the files for the class web sites (handouts, syllabi) are just
copies of things elsewhere in my home directory.

I'd like to symlink from within www to these (and they have 644
permissions), but apparently the lack of world execute permissions on
the directories is causing permission problems--and real links get out
of sync when I update the files.

I want to have things just automatically update.  Is there a clean way
to do this?

thanks

hawk
--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700      \ /   against HTML mail