At 13:54 15.05.2006, Donald J. O'Neill wrote:
On Monday 15 May 2006 04:03, Kyrre Nygard wrote:

> Hello Don, good old friend :)
>
> Yes I am back. I had to change my alias because too many people
> were after me. And also I'm still stuck on the same problem. I did
> make a clean 6.1-RELEASE blow at my Pentium 120mhz firewall which
> needed the buildworld the most. Now it's my Pentium III 3,2ghz
> workstation that needs it, however it's got too much data on it that
> I'm currently in no position to back up, not even temporarily, so I'm
> not sure what to do other than this buildworld. Any suggestions?
>
> Oh yeah, I accidentally left the `*' out in chflags -R noschg.
>
> Take care,
> K*

I was hoping it be as simple as a missing '*', but I would think there
would be error messages  showing up about that. Oh, well.

Ok, you're stuck in the same place as before, and by that I mean you are
failing the 'make buildworld' part of the sequence, correct?. That
means that there's something you're either doing or not doing, prior to
starting the buildworld that's causing a problem.

What's in your /etc/make.conf?

Try doing 'make buildworld' with the GENERIC conf file rather than your
NINJA one. The problem may be there. If you can get through the upgrade
using the GENERIC you've got the upgrade in place and you can find out
what's wrong with NINJA. That's the best I can suggest for now. And do
the 'make cleandir' twice, as Gerard suggested. It's not irrelevant.

Don

Hello Don!

Yes it's the `make buildworld' as far as I know.

The /etc/make.conf contains PERL_VER=5.8.7 and PERL_VERSION=5.8.7.

Is it possible, do you think, to use a FreeSBIE CD maybe to clean out
everything on my harddrive but my /home/kyrre where all my important files
are, and then reinstall the latest FreeBSD without reformatting?

It might be risky, let's say I hit the wrong switch and it does format everything,
but you get my point right? To just lay a new FreeBSD on top of an empty
harddrive?

I hope this is possible somehow ...

Well, take care Don!

-- Kyrre