At 11:12 16.05.2006, Donald J. O'Neill wrote:
On Tuesday 16 May 2006 03:30, Kyrre Nygard wrote:

> Hello Don!
>
> Yes it's the `make buildworld' as far as I know.
>
> The /etc/make.conf contains PERL_VER=5.8.7 and PERL_VERSION=5.8.7.
>
> Is it possible, do you think, to use a FreeSBIE CD maybe to clean out
> everything on my harddrive but my /home/kyrre where all my important
> files are, and then reinstall the latest FreeBSD without
> reformatting?
>
> It might be risky, let's say I hit the wrong switch and it does
> format everything,
> but you get my point right? To just lay a new FreeBSD on top of an
> empty harddrive?
>
> I hope this is possible somehow ...
>
> Well, take care Don!
>
> -- Kyrre
Is /home on a slice of its own. Mine is, for the reason that if I have
to blow off the system and reinstall, I can safely do that, as long as
I don't make any changes to /home, just remount it as /home. You can do
this with sysinstall, very easlily.

Send the output from 'df', I can tell from that.

Don

Hello!

Actually, my /home is under /usr ... uh oh huh?
No can do then?

Thanks for the tip of having /home as a seperate slice though,
I'll treasure it for the rest of my days!

Peace,
Kyrre