Barnaby Scott wrote:
Kevin Kinsey wrote:
Barnaby Scott wrote:

(firefox-bin:582): Gtk-Warning **: Cannot open display

Q: Are you running an X display at the time this message is given,
or are you attempting to run Firefox from the console?

I have tried both. It is running from the console that gives the message quoted - if I am running an X display at the time it fails with no message at all.

Barnaby

Try running "firefox" from an xterm during an X session.  The
message given is because it's being run from outside an X session,
and is therefore irrelevant, most likely.

KDK

--
Reality is just a convenient measure of complexity.
                -- Alvy Ray Smith