> Is a PCI sound blaster card supported?

I've found that FreeBSD 4.7 so far has supported every odd sound card I've thrown its
way.

Even (especially!) those on-board sound things built into motherboards and laptops
these days.  FreeBSD supports them all (and Windows usually doesn't without the
special CD-Rom from the motherboard manufacturer.)

Just add "device pcm" to the end of the kernel conf file, build a new kernel, and I'll
bet almost any sound card will work on reboot.