Federico Canton wrote:

Hello, I have not been able to successfully buildworld for a few months.  My
last succesfull buildworld was on 1/25/06.

$ uname -a
FreeBSD casa.michosa.com 6.0-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE-p4 #0: Wed Jan
25 17:25:16 PST 2006     [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL
i386

Buildworld failed when I was trying to update to RELENG_6, and I thought it
was a bug that would be fixed by RELENG_6_1.  Now that 6.1 has been released
I have tried many times, but still every time buildworld fails at a
different place.  Below I added the last two times it failed.
If buildworld fails at a different place every time then you probably have bad memory*. Try memtest86+, memtest86 or if you have multiple sticks, try using each one in turn on its own and see if you still get the failure.

--Alex

(*) It might be some other hardware problem, but bad memory is probably the most frequent and hopefully easiest to diagnose. Other possibilities include bad memory socket, or just bad seating.