You should be able to boot into single-user mode and change it there.

On 5/18/06, unixforums 1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,
 I did a completely newbie move and changed the root's  shell to something that
doesn't work. So, needless to say now I can't su to root  or even login as
root. Is there a way I can fix this without rebuilding the  server?

 Thanks for any help you can provide.