Hope you have "sudo" you can do "sudo -u root bash" if don't nothing came cross my mine yet how to deal with it :-\

unixforums 1 wrote:

tried it and i get the following error:

su: change: No such file or directory

What happened originally is I accidently changed the shell to "change" and now i get the following error when I su.

su: change: No such file or directory

This is a remote system so if at all possable i need to do it through ssh.

Thanks

*/Izwan Mohd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>/* wrote:

    unixforums 1 wrote:

    >Hi,
    > I did a completely newbie move and changed the root�s shell to
    something that doesn�t work. So, needless to say now I can�t
    su to root or even login as root. Is there a way I can fix this
    without rebuilding the server?

    > Thanks for any help you can provide.

    "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

    su root -c chsh root