Hi list,

I've been using FreeBSD on the desktop for several years now without any major problems. However, as of lately, I've been running into a very annoying problem. I'll try to explain:


I play some OpenGL games on FreeBSD and have always played them without trouble. However, now I can't play my game of election (Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory) for more than 20 or 30 minutes. The same thing is happening over and over (and this is the weird part):

The game will stop responding to most keys, and the ones that do respond, output rubbish characters. The mouse dies. I can CTRL-ALT-F1, login, and kill the game - the keyboard works on the console!

Then I get back to KDE (CTRL-ALT-F2). The keyboard is useless at this point, as typing something will result in something else. The mouse moves, but I can't maximise windows (seems to ignore double click) and stuff. CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE and logging in again solves the problem.

Now, the only thing that I've changed in the last month was a new piece of hardware - a Logitech G5 mouse (connected via USB). After giving it some thought, this problem started a few days after I purchased the mouse. I can't see how this could be related to what is happening with me, but it's the only thing I remind changing.

I was running 6.0-RELEASE-p5, and have upgraded to 6.1-RELEASE and xorg-6.9.0, kde-3.5.1, in the hopes that it would probably fix this. Unfortunately, the situation remains.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem at all ? I didn't even try google as I have no idea of what I'm after..




Some random info:
nvidia0: <GeForce 7800 GT> port 0xe800-0xe87f mem 0xcf000000-0xcfffffff,0xd0000000-0xdfffffff,0xce000000-0xceffffff irq 16 at device 0.0 on pci4

ums0: Logitech USB Gaming Mouse, rev 2.00/46.00, addr 2, iclass 3/1
uhid0: Logitech USB Gaming Mouse, rev 2.00/46.00, addr 2, iclass 3/1

--> I cannot remember exactly if this problem only occured after this:
usb0: host controller process error
(happened a few weeks ago for the first time)
^^ My mouse died during a gaming session, and after some investigation, I found that error message. Restarting the computer was the only way I found to get USB support functional again. I'm not sure, but it could have started happening ONLY after I experienced this error for the first time.




That's all, I guess. Let me know if you have some clues..
_______________________________________________
freebsd-questions@freebsd.org mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Reply via email to