Mikhail Goriachev wrote:
Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
On 2006-05-20 02:20, Mikhail Goriachev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

Sendmail and I aren't getting along well. I got this FreeBSD
6.0-RELEASE-p7 box doing SMTP work for me. Everything is fine, but a few
domains give me headaches with "Deferred: Operation timed out with
<server here>" errors. One domain in particular I'm trying to get to
work is hospitaldeninos.cl

$ host hospitaldeninos.cl
hospitaldeninos.cl has address 200.31.44.1
mail is handled by 4 nt_sql_server2.hospitaldeninos.cl.
mail is handled by 5 mail.hospitaldeninos.cl.

Whenever I try to send anything to that domain I just get the following
in my logs:

[...] delay=01:00:57, xdelay=00:01:15, mailer=esmtp, pri=210425,
relay=mail.hospitaldeninos.cl. [200.29.150.146], dsn=4.0.0,
stat=Deferred: Operation timed out with mail.hospitaldeninos.cl.
For some reason, your Sendmail setup tries to find out the IP address of
the MX for `hospitaldeninos.cl' and it resolves this to the wrong mail
server:

    mail.hospitaldeninos.cl

This would tend to work fine, as long as either one of the two MX hosts
of the domain accepted email, but there are also problems connecting to
the `mail.hospitaldeninos.cl:SMTP' service too.

Don't know if this helps at all, but here's something
that I can't fully explain (and found interesting).

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
host hospitaldeninos.cl
hospitaldeninos.cl has address 200.31.44.1
hospitaldeninos.cl mail is handled by 4 nt_sql_server2.hospitaldeninos.cl.
hospitaldeninos.cl mail is handled by 5 mail.hospitaldeninos.cl.

         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
telnet mail.hospitaldeninos.cl 25
Trying 200.29.150.146...
telnet: connect to address 200.29.150.146: Operation timed out
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
telnet nt_sql_server2.hospitaldeninos.cl 25
nt_sql_server2.hospitaldeninos.cl: Non-recoverable failure in name resolution

         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
host nt_sql_server2.hospitaldeninos.cl
nt_sql_server2.hospitaldeninos.cl has address 200.29.150.147

And that's a cut-n-paste, so whassup with DNS in re: this
NT_SQL server?

If I knew that, I could maybe help Mikhail... but:

>> What do the following files contain in the FreeBSD system that fails to
>> resolve the MX records correctly?

Could be the records themselves; `dig hospitaldeninos.cl`
returns no MX records....

Kevin Kinsey