Peter Michaux wrote:
Ok, it is time for me to sound really stupid.

Not stupid, just, um, new?  Everyone was Once
Upon A Time ...

Actually, it seems logical there *should* be one.
What does dmesg(8) say in regard to this?  Can
you run moused(8)?  What hardware is this, anyway?

$ moused(8)
Badly placed ()'s

Yup.  The (8) refers to the manual section,
see the manpage for man(1) for that.  (Oh,
and you'd do it like this:

$ man man

$ moused
moused: no port name specified

Yeah.  Running moused needs to have
some arguments.  What's the output
of ls /dev/sysmouse ?

$ dmesg(8)
Badly placed ()'s

ditto above.

$ dmseg
dmseg: Command not found.

Look carefully.  That's dmesg, not
dmseg ...

dmesg should give you a boot message, which
should show us something about your mouse.

KDK
--
I have discovered that all human evil comes from this, man's being unable to sit still in a room.
                -- Blaise Pascal