On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 04:18:48PM +0100, Marcel Stangenberger wrote:
        . . .
> so i assume X is working on the server now (i don't have a monitor on the
> server) but i'm not getting a login prompt on my Exceed :(
>
> the xdm.log is empty so there are no errors reported by xdm.
> xdm is started properly from /etc/ttys
>
> i also rechecked the xdm config files (Xaccess, Xsession, xdm-config and
> others) and they are still correct.

Whoops. I thought that the X server and the client were on the same machine.
I apologize.

The X server is the machine with the monitor. If there are two
different machines, then it looks as if the problem is with the
Exceed. That is where you need to look for locks and protection
issues. Make sure that you have run the xhost command (or the
equivalent on the Exceed) so that the Exceed allows clients running
on the FreeBSD machine (such as xdm and xterm) to display on the
screen of the Exceed.

--
Brent J. Ermlick                Veritas liberabit uos
[EMAIL PROTECTED]