On Wed, 24 May 2006 12:31:51 +0000
"Marwan Sultan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello Beto,
>
> Thank you for the replay,

np

> Would you please kindly tell me where is the instruction written on which
> web? for future
> refrence.

it was in one of the freeBSD lists , most probably questions.

> Second:
> You wrote that i should "add" the line /usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin6 to
> /usr/X11R6/lib/firefox/run-mozilla.sh  take a note that its
> linux-flashplugin7 not 6
> 6 is not supported anymore. is it correct then?

7 should be ok - sorry, i obviously haven't updated my notes since v6 (they are
notes after all, not dogma ;)

> Whats the way to add the line, i have done the following is it correct ?
> MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins:/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins:/usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin7

correct

> Or it should be only MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin7    ??

no, leave what is there and add the flashplugin path

> Third and last:
>   After i did the past steps i tried to run firefox and i opened a page that
> contain flash
>   then firefox crushed with an error
>   /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/pluginwrapper/flash7.so: undefined
> symbol "_dlsym"
>
>   So i proced to your last step and I did
>   # cd /usr/src
>   # patch < rtld_dlsym_hack.diff
>   # cd libexec/rtld-elf
>   # make rtld
>
>   Till here everything was Ok! when i tried to do "make install"
>   it gave me an error..
>   # make install
> chflags noschg /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1
> install -s -o root -g wheel -m 555  -C -b -fschg -S ld-elf.so.1 /libexec
> install: ld-elf.so.1: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 71
>
> Stop in /usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf.

you need to do this last step as root

> Sorry for the long email, wish i got the help.
> And thank you.
np :)
flash7 in my box works quite well - EXCEPT with google-videos (just letting you
know in case  you find the same issue.

good luck,
Beto