Scott Tuc Ellentuch at T-B-O-H wrote:
>>>     I'm going by :
>>>
>>>     /usr/local/share/doc/nut/shutdown.txt
>>>
>>>     Subsection "How you set it up", item #2 :
>>>
>>> 2. Edit your shutdown scripts to check for the POWERDOWNFLAG so they
>>> know
>>>    when to power off the UPS.  You must check for this file, as you
>>> don't
>>>    want this to happen during normal shutdowns!
>>>
>>>    You can use upsdrvctl to start the shutdown process in your UPS
>>>    hardware.  Use this script as an example, but change the paths to
>>>    suit your system:
>> My bad.  I did edit rc.shutdown on both a 5.4 and a 6.0 system with no
>> troubles.  The end of my file shows this:
>>
>> # Inserted next 5 lines March 13, 2006 for UPS shutdown.
>> if (test -f /etc/killpower)
>> then
>> echo "Killing the power, bye!"
>> /usr/local/libexec/nut/upsdrvctl shutdown
>> fi
>>
>> echo '.'
>> exit 0
>>
>       But doesn't that immediately shut down your system causing it
> to need FSCK when it comes back up?

Hi,

I got the following line in /usr/local/etc/nut/upsmon.conf:

SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -p now"

As far as I'm concerned the system powers off cleanly without the need
of FSCK.

Cheers,
Mikhail.

--
Mikhail Goriachev
Webanoide

Telephone: +61 (0)3 62252501
Mobile Phone: +61 (0)4 38255158
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://www.webanoide.org

PGP Key ID: 0x4E148A3B
PGP Key Fingerprint: D96B 7C14 79A5 8824 B99D 9562 F50E 2F5D 4E14 8A3B