Hi,

I'm about to setup my jails so they authenticate against the 'host' server using OpenLDAP and nss_ldap, pam_ldap and so on. I've done this before but wanted to repeat the process because last time it ended up being so much fiddling that when I finished I just left it alone - this time I'm documenting it :) I packaged up versions of the port for OpenLDAP 2.3 (well, actually 2.4 but that looks to just use 2.3 in any case) and then went to package up the nss_ldap port but its after OpenLDAP 2.2 stuff... I guess my question is whether this is intentional (i.e. security related), or just a port maintenance issue? I would've thought between 2.2->2.3 there's been a few security advisories... I only did a lazy lightning google and came across a few (http://www.frsirt.com/english/advisories/2005/0947) is perhaps one.

Anyway, just thought I'd check. As punishment, if this is a stupid question or has been answered before, happy to write up a tutorial as I go as penance.

Cheers
Joe