Martin Schweizer wrote:
Hello

If I su from user martin to root or from user martin to martin (for testing) I get this errors in /var/log/messages:

[snip]
May  9 11:33:08 merkur init: can't get /dev/console for controlling terminal:
Operation not permitted
May  9 11:33:38 merkur init: can't get /dev/console for controlling terminal:
Operation not permitted
[snip]

I crosschecked also the permissions on /dev/console. They are correct. Any hints are welcome.

IIRC you need this line in /etc/fbtab (or uncomment it if it's there but commented out) - that's what I've got and I'm sure that's why it's there; I don't get those errors.

/dev/ttyv0      0600    /dev/console

HTH

Mark