On May 25, 2006, at 1:25 PM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

Why SCSI?  The high-end 3ware and highpoint hardware RAID SATA
controllers are excellent under FreeBSD.

Also the Areca ones perform very well in general testing. I don't know how their FreeBSD support is (it exists but my Areca is in a Solaris 10 box that I am in the process of building)

Chad

Ted

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Hugo Silva
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 7:06 PM
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: RAID-10 controller for FreeBSD 6.1 -- opinions please.

Hello,

I am planning to deploy a server that will make use of hardware RAID
(10). However, I don't mess with RAID+FreeBSD for quite some years now, so I don't know which adapter(s) are currently the most stable and best
supported. What I would like are opinions and experiences from people
that have been sucessfully using RAID with SCSI disks on
FreeBSD 6.0 or 6.1.

Thanks in advance!

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC