On Thu, 25 May 2006, Lars Stokholm wrote:

For testing purpose I'm trying to remake and burn the FreeBSD 6.1 CD
#1 iso image. I've put the CD in drive 0 (acd0) and:

# dd if=/dev/acd0 of=freebsd.iso bs=2k

Next I want to burn the image on a CD-R, but it fails. I'm using the
-t option now, since I've already wasted a CD on an Ubuntu image:

# burncd -s 16 -tvf /dev/acd1 data freebsd.iso fixate
                           ^^^^
Is that a typo or is your writer a different drive? Multiple drives on an IDE cable seem to cause problems for some people.

adding type 0x08 file freebsd.iso size 517364 KB 258682 blocks
next writeable LBA 0
addr = 0 size = 529780736 blocks = 258682
writing from file freebsd.iso size 517364 KB
written this track 832 KB (0%) total 832 KB
Input/output error

Have you tried a new CD? Every now and then I'll get an error, but "fixate" always seems to write something to the CD, so it's a goner. Maybe not with -t, but an earlier attempt? Try a fresh blank. And also try burning at a slower speed, like 8x.