On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 06:18:21PM +0000, Ian Watkinson wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 17:09, Nathan Kinkade wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 03:39:07PM +0000, Ian Watkinson wrote:
> > > Trying to get Fetmail - Procmail - Exim working.
<snip>
> > > In the exim config file, however, when I start Exim, I get
> > >
> > >  exim
> > > 2003-01-02 15:35:27 Exim configuration error in line 228:
> > >   transport procmail: cannot find transport driver "accept"
<snip>

> > > Ian
> >
> > Are you sure that sure that each of your "transport" and "route"
> > declarations are in the correct sections of the config file?  Make sure
> > that your router configuration ONLY comes after the the line
> > "begin routers" and that your transport config only comes after the line
> > "begin transports".  The config file is not randomly parsed.  There are
> > definite discrete sections that need to be observed.  It looks as if you
> > have put your router definition in the transport section.
> >
> > Nathan
>
> Hallelujah! Nathan said let there be light, and a bulb appeared above Ian's head!
>
> That looks to be it, looking at the exim docs again, it's not clear anywhere that it
>needs to
> be inserted in certain sections.
>
> Thanks very much for that.
>
> Any idea if these replace any of the normal router/transports, or are pure additions?
> >
> > Ian Watkinson
> > EHS Brann
> > Systems Administrator

You should be able to concoct your own routes/transports.  From what I
understand, when going through the "router" section, Exim will use the
first route if finds that matches the given address - and I think it
will skip the rest and immediately go to the specified transport.  So,
depending on the rules of your route, it may or may not replace an other
given routes.  The order of the routes matters, the order of transports
does not.  This is made clear in the config file itself.  The docs at
Exims site are rather outstanding, in my opinion.

Good luck!

Nathan

Nathan