I don't build desktops so I don't know what people normally do for swap size but it's good to remember at build time if you have small drives. What I think about when sizing a server drive is memory, swap and dumps. You didn't mention how much memory you have, but if it's large, you may find yourself cramped in 20G due to swap allocation and additionally might need to turn crashdumps off. If you take a panic it can use a lot of space quickly with say 4GB of memory. Using 4GB as an example, a default swap configuration coupled with a single panic dump saved could consume 12GB of your drive, with a more common 2GB memory, the same scenario would use 6GB, still a big chunk on a 20G drive. Though I've never done this, I suppose the swap could be reduced from the norm if you are certain you can stay out of a swap situation with your RAM. Dumps can be disabled if you are stable (look at dumpdev and dumpdir in man rc.conf).