On Wed, 24 May 2006, Norberto Meijome wrote:

Hi all,
2 questions re. JDK 1.5 :
- is .15 considered now stable? ( I remember reading that it was still
considered alpha quality, but i cant see that notice anymore).

- re. diablo-jdk : Other than the obvious advange of precompiled package
(already done for me, SUN certified) , is there other advantage to using
diablo-jdk instead of building my own?
And, in the same vein, any caveats I should keep in mind when using diablo-jdk
instead of jdk-1.5?

My understanding is that the precompiled package performs better then the one you build from ports, *but* ... I don't know why ...

On my 6-STABLE machine, to get Azureus to work properly, I had to add the following to /etc/libmap.conf:

[/usr/local/diablo-jdk1.5.0/]
libpthread.so                   libc_r.so
libpthread.so.2                 libc_r.so.6

else it just didn't work ...

Beyond that, I've been using the precompiled one and been most happy with it ...

----