On Saturday 27 May 2006 01:12, Kyrre Nygard wrote:

Yeah I hear a lot of people like CVS.

But I fail to realize how it might assist me though.

I'm not setting up a code repository, this is an actual WWW root
where a lot of different websites are hosted.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
You are wrong.

CVS is a version control system. It's often used to control software development, but can be used to control any kind of text(*) document development.

--Alex

(*) You can store "binary" files as well, but it is less efficient when they change as it cannot keep diffs, just complete changed files. OK for reasonable sized gifs/jpegs etc.