yattaran wrote:

> Hans Lambermont wrote:
>> What is the maximum file size on a dvd+r ?
>
> Here's a list of sites I have bookmarked about DVD sizes:

Hi Yattaran,

I'm not looking into the size of a DVD disc, I'm looking into the size
limits of a *file* on the DVD. Sorry for the confusion.

I can write a file of 4166629386 bytes to the dvd+r just fine, but
cannot read it afterwards :
ls: backup.bz2: Value too large to be stored in data type

The dvddemystified website has an interesting pointer on it in the 'note
section of chapter 3.3' : "FAT16 also has a 2 gigabyte file size limit"

Could this be related ?

regards,
   Hans Lambermont