Alvaro Rosales R. wrote:
HEllo Im trying to install JDK in my FRee BSD 4.7 box , but there is no port for it. I have read the FreeBSD java proyect and the docs say that there sould be a port in the /usr/ports/jdk directory, I only have the ports from SUN, But I cannot find the sources of the sdk in Sun's web site, I only find the linux script, Shoul I install it ?, I want to install Open office and it needs JDK as a dependency

The port is located in /usr/ports/java/jdk13/. If you want to build it, you need a java compiler for that, so the linux one may a good choice if you can live with the fact, that the linux emulator want to control the ldt.

The pages at http://www.freebsd.org/java/ have some information how to build and install.

Jens
--
L i W W W i Jens Rehsack