Kris Kennaway wrote:
On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 07:42:43PM -0400, Joe wrote:
Hi,

I've read the documentation and it seems there's no pkg_upgrade or pkg_update, or a way to install an updated/upgraded package. I'd like to determine if that is indeed the case.

portupgrade -P or -PP

OK, since I had upgraded to 6.1-RELEASE, I used portsnap to get the ports, then I used pkg_add -r to get portupgrade and then, as a test ran

 portupgrade -PP expat

It failed to update expat however, because it kept looking in the 6.0-RELEASE paths. I presume this is because even though the binary upgrade of the base to 6.1 went well, uname, etc., think I still have a 6.0 machine. So where is the *real* version id stored and how can it be (should it be?) safely modified?

Joe