We are running the S4882-D and it has the Broadcom GB dual adapter built in (recognized as <Broadcom BCM5704C Dual Gigabit Ethernet, ASIC rev. 0x2003>). It seems to work without problems and we've run both to two different networks (right now running only one). We are connecting at 100baseT so I don't have experience running at GB speeds. I'm not detecting any network bottlenecks at all and I've been watching very carefully due to stability problems. We are running 6.0 RELEASE amd64 SMP 4/8 CPUs 8 GB.

I don't know if the 2882 is identical in architecture but if so, strongly recommend NOT using 6.0 and trying 6.1. We are panicing daily and experience about 4 minutes a day downtime. Never have had FreeBSD be so unstable in 7 years.