Hi

One thing i should have mentioned is that this only happens with rtorrent. For example i can transfer in 10Mbit+(not much plus) from work, where i have no bandwidth restriction, for hours without problems. Using scp, i have not tried with ftp and very large files. When i transfer large files from work with scp i can maintain a speed of 10Mbit+ for long periods of times without problems. This problem has only happened because of rtorrent using a lot of bandwidth. And as i said earlier it happens when using less bandwidth to.

Med vänliga hälsningar

Stefan Midjich aka nocturnal
[Swehack] http://swehack.se

Lowell Gilbert wrote:
nocturnal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Not sure if this is already posted or already reported as a bug
because i honestly don't have time for those things.

I have reproduced this problem a few times but it has some special
requirements. For example i download a torrent from a very fast peer
in the rtorrent client. I have reproduced this with both rTorrent
0.4.5 - libTorrent 0.8.5 and two earlier versions which i don't remember. My
friend is using the same versions as i am now and reported no problems
in the latest development versions, he only started using them
today. I have a 10/10Mbit connection at home and this happens when
rtorrent is downloading at max speed. It varies somewhere around
7-10Mbit but never over 10Mbit by much. My friend only has a capacity
of 1Mbit but got the same problem.

This is why i'm reporting this because if it turns out that this can
be reproduced by sending speciall crafted packets or packets in a
special order then i guess it's pretty serious. I highly doubt this
but still, a user process should not kill the net like rtorrent has
done.

Both me and my friend were running FreeBSD 6.0 RELEASE when this happened.

I was not going to report this but a friend just told me he gets the
exact same results on FreeBSD 6.0 so i felt i should tell someone.

Do you have good NICs?