On 5/30/2006 9:45 AM Toni Schmidbauer wrote:
At Tue, 30 May 2006 09:04:09 -0700,
Drew Tomlinson wrote:
I'm using FBSD 6.1.  When using the ipfw kernel module, is it possible
to get ipfw loaded in a "default to accept" mode?  I've seen the
kernel option to enable this when compiling statically but nothing
specific to the kernel module.  Maybe there's a way to compile the
kernel module with some entry in /etc/make.conf?  I've Googled but
have not been able to turn up anything.

you can recompile the module, uncomment the line
#CFLAGS+= -DIPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT

in /usr/src/sys/modules/ipfw/Makefile. next call make in the same
directory and copy the compiled module to /boot/kernel. i've done that
in the past, works like a charm.

Thank you.  I'll try it.

Drew

--