On Wed, 31 May 2006 12:49:42 -0000, mehmet gogebakan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

i would like to install 6.1-RELEASE to my computer , configuration is:
128 MB SDRAM
LG cdrom 52x
8 MB Grafic card
40 gb hd
p3 800 mhz processor
azza motherboard
could you please tell me whether this configuration is suitable, if not tell me the minimum configuration it should be..
thanx....

I prepared the following computer for my brother a while ago:

AMD K-7-2 300 MHz (super socket 7, i586 with some i686 features)
128 MB RAM
32 MB Graphic card

The system runs on FreeBSD 6.0 (system demands for 6.1 didn't change alot, if they changed at all) with Fluxbox as the window manager and XFCE4-panel to provide a "windows-like" panel.

I see alot of computers, and this one actually runs faster then most pentium 4 computers with windows xp.
And not to forget, jus as easy, if not easyer...