I don't like the idea of having to run Linux because their system tools just don't compare to FreeBSD, but I have had bad experience in the past with FreeBSD + Asterisk using software timing. This time around, I have a TDM400P with an FXO for timing, but I'm not sure what the zaptel support is like currently.

Asking around in asterisk land is useless because they are all linux zealots so I can't get a straight answer except for "FreeBSD Sucks" so I'm hoping someone on this side of the fence can give me a little more comprehensive overview of their experiences.

The system isn't anything complicated.. Just MoH, the TDM400P and Meetme..

Anyone have any experience, one way or the other?