Some time ago I purchased a Pinnacle video capture/editing package to be used on a windows computer. Honestly, this is the last thing I keep a windows computer around for. The capture setup is a PCI card with a breakout unit on it, the editing software, obviously Studio. A number of things have driven me to the point where I simply cannot stand the windows/Pinnacle setup any more, mostly a lack of stability.

Looking through the ports collection I found avidemux2 and kino. What I need to know is this - will one of these two programs replace the basic editing functionality of pinnacle for me, and can I use the same capture hardware? I suspect the capture hardware will be an issue, but I'm certainly open to suggestions. Thanks in advance for any input.