This occurred to me once, I simply booted the system in single user mode and
removed the file.

On 6/4/06, Jack Stone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello:
I have 2 files that resists all efforts to delete them. I can even move
them
to another directory, but still cannot delete. Can chmod too, but still
same
resistance;

I originally figured they occupied a bad spot on the HD, but now not sure
about that.

Please, any suggestions about what to do to remove these files?

Here are the files and the error message:
rm: local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/mach/Sys/Hostname.pm: Operation not permitted
rm: local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/mach/Sys/Syslog.pm: Operation not permitted

I've gone all the way down to the last dir and tried to delete them there.
No joy!
All directories in between only include the dirs and no files. I want to
delete the entire path of directories, but those 2 stubborn files will not
permit that.

rm: local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/mach/Sys: Directory not empty

Please, any help appreciated!

Thank you,
Jack L Stone.