Dave wrote:
Hello,
I'm atempting to get an integrated AC97 sound card working under 6.1. I know this card works, loading the snd_driver module finds it, but i do not know which actual module works it over. I'd rather not have to load 26 sound modules just the ones i actually need. I've checked /boot/kernel/snd* but didn't find anything...

cat /dev/sndstat

after loading the snd_driver meta module, to see which module actually associates itself with your card.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/sound-setup.html

That always worked for me with 5.x, but I haven't tried any GUI/media stuff on 6.x yet.

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348