On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 12:35:44 -0400
"B. Cook" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Nick Withers wrote:
> > On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 09:06:23 -0400
> > "B. Cook" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > Don't suppose you'd be able to post the configuration of the
> > subnet, would you?
>
> http://www.poklib.org/~dhcpd/dhcpd.conf

Ta for that.

Found an archived message at
"http://www.southwestern.edu/ITS/netreg/archive/0464.html"; that
methinks has the answer:
________

Leases are not added to dhcpd.leases for fixed-address
clients. :-( There was a patch for a fairly recent release
candidate to log these to a separate file, but I haven't tried
it on the latest RC. The dhcpd.leases file is really there so
that state can be maintained between incarnations of dhcpd,
e.g. shutdown, restart of dhcpd, etc. The server has to keep
track of the promises it has already made. Since fixed-address
clients always get the same information, and DNS is not
updated, it's not really necessary to record these leases.
________

I looked at dhcpd.leases on my (ISC) DHCP server and indeed
leases for "fixed-address" clients were not included.

I personally use dynamic DNS with DHCP and have had no dramas
with it. Don't know if this is appropriate for your situation,
though.

> > Are you sure that leases are being handed out from the first
> > pool?
>
> yes.
>
> The rest of the 192.168.1.0/24 gets ips and routes as they should.

Nick Withers
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://www.nickwithers.com
Mobile: +61 414 397 446