N.J. Thomas wrote:
* Rico <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-06-06 03:41:50 +0200]:
I am working on a documentation project and needs to convert some
DocBook files into several formats.
I have installed "xmlto" amongst others and I can convert the DocBook
into XHTML, TXT but not into PDF or PS.
This doesn't really help you with your xmlto problem, but I use the
following toolchain to produce PDF from DocBook
- write the XML file against the DocBook DTD
- validate the file with "xmllint --valid --noout foo.xml"
xmllint is part of libxml2
(Theoretically, this step is not necessary if you write proper
XML, but xsltproc does not checks for valid XML (only well
formed), and if you pass it non-valid DocBook XML, it spits out
all sort of cryptic errors.)
- use xsltproc to convert to HTML:
xsltproc --output foo.xhtml
(xsltproc is part of libxslt)
- use xsltproc to convert to FO:
xsltproc --stringparam fop.extensions 1 --output foo.fo
- use fop to convert FO to DPF:
fop foo.fo foo.pdf
You can find libxml2, libxslt, fop, docbook-xml, and docbook-xsl in
Thank you very much! I will use that solution then!
email@example.com mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"